Coinbase – Buy & Sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more with trust
What is Coinbase?
Coinbase is a trading platform for individual traders and crypto enthusiasts. It offers a secure and easy way to buy, sell, and trade digital assets online instantly across various trading pairs. With a Coinbase Login account, you can track the market, view trading history, monitor open orders, manage multiple portfolios, and more.
For advanced traders, we provide a fully-featured trading API.
Coinbase Pro is a product serviced by Coinbase, Inc.
Create a Coinbase account
To invest, trade, store supported cryptocurrencies on Coinbase, and more, start here. For more information on all the services available in Coinbase supported countries, visit the Supported Countries page.
What you'll need to Be at least 18 years old (we’ll ask for proof)
A government-issued photo ID (we don’t accept passport cards)
A computer or smartphone connected to the internet
A phone number connected to your smartphone (we'll send SMS text messages)
The latest version of your browser (we recommend Chrome), or the latest Coinbase App version. If you’re using the Coinbase app, make sure your phone’s operating system is up-to-date.
Coinbase doesn’t charge a fee to create or maintain your Coinbase Login account. Learn about pricing and fees.
Create your account
Go to https://www.coinbase.com from a browser on your computer, or download and open the Coinbase app on Android or iOS to get started.
Note: We don’t recommend accessing Coinbase through a browser on your mobile device.
1. Click or tap Get started.
2. You’ll be asked for the following information. Important: Enter accurate, up-to-date information to avoid any issues.
· Legal full name (we’ll ask for proof)
· Email address (use one that you have access to)
· Password (write this down and store in a secure place)
· Your State (we’ll ask for proof)
4. Check the box and click Create an account (computer) or tap SIGN UP (mobile) if you agree.
5. Coinbase will send you a verification email to your registered email address.
2. Verify your email
1. Select Verify Email Address in the email you received from Coinbase.com. This email will be from [email protected]
2. Clicking the link in the email will take you back to Coinbase.com.
3. You’ll need to sign back in using the email and password you recently entered to complete the email verification process. \Note: You’ll need the smartphone and phone number associated with your Coinbase account in order to successfully complete a 2-step verification.
3. Verify your phone number
1. Sign in to Coinbase. You’ll be prompted to add a phone number.
2. Select your country.
3. Enter the mobile number.
4. Click Send Code (computer) or tap Continue (mobile).
5. Enter the seven-digit code Coinbase texted to your phone number on file.
6. Click Submit or tap Continue.
If you did not receive the code, select Resend-SMS.
4. Add your personal information
1. Enter the information shown on your valid government-issued photo ID—you’ll need to submit a photo of this ID later.
· First Name
· Last Name
· Date of Birth
2. You’ll also need to answer the following questions:
· What do you use Coinbase for?
· What is your source of funds?
· Current Occupation
· Last 4 digits of SSN
3. Select Continue to finish the process.
Note: To buy and sell supported crypto, and send and receive through Coinbase.com, you’ll need to next verify your identity and add a bank account.
5. Verify your identity
· Sign in to your Coinbase account.
· Complete ID verification.
Recommended: Set up a 2-step verification app (TOTP) to help protect against unauthorized account access.
6. Link a Payment Method
Choose your country below to learn which payment methods are available in your country.
For more information on all the services available in Coinbase supported countries, please visit our Supported Countries page.
· For US customers
· For UK customers
· For EU customers
View more countries for specific payment method information.